5+ Reasons Why Thorough Exams are Vital for Your Oral Wellness
Several individuals may wonder why seeing a dentist two times annually is critical for their dental health. However, it's a widely known fact that without routine oral exams and professional cleanings, your oral wellness and your total health may be negatively affected. At ACE Dental of Belton, biannual dental visits help with reducing your chances of developing periodontal disease with cavity prevention. Our Belton, TX dental care providers understand that in order to care for your oral structures, you need to stop by our dental care facility a minimum of two times per year.
What takes place at a dental examination?
Throughout an oral exam at ACE Dental of Belton, we examine your upper face, neck, jaw, and lymph nodes. The last part of your dental exam might comprise:
- Checking your gum tissues for indicators of gum disease
- Examining for any chipped or lost teeth
- Assessing your bite
- Assessing for indications of mouth or throat cancer
- Finding wear and tear to aged tooth-colored fillings
- Administering a dental x-ray
At our Belton, TX dental center, we utilize digital x-rays to get a more clear picture of each person's oral wellness. If oral concerns are treated soon, you minimize your need for more expensive or extensive therapies in the long run. After your oral examination, our trained dental hygienists will perform a dental cleaning. This is as crucial as a dental exam because it keeps your enamel and gums clean and lessens the chance of getting tooth decay or periodontal disease.
Finding out why yearly oral exams are necessary for your dental wellness
We know of countless perks to receiving an oral exam annually, like:
- Taking care of gum disease rapidly
- Treating throat or mouth cancer rapidly
- Addressing less severe oral wellness problems as soon as possible
- Treating teeth grinding
- Diagnosing different health complications
- Showing you proper dental maintenance practices
- Looking at your lower jaw and teeth for abnormalities
- Making sure your enamel and gum tissues are in good shape
Find out more information regarding the benefits of having dental exams
At ACE Dental of Belton, we encourage individuals in Belton, TX to set up yearly dental exams. This lets our skilled dental team identify and treat dental wellness issues early before they end up more severe. If dental health issues are ignored, they might hurt your overall wellness. Although skipping a dental exam may not initially seem major, oral health problems, like periodontal disease, might form and become more severe rapidly. To arrange an annual exam, reach out to our professional team.